About Failsafe-B...

My name is Eric Beeny. Failsafe-B was a music project spanning various genres for which I wrote the music and played all of the instruments (guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, makeshift instruments, etc.) during recording, with the exception of many drum tracks on the pastiches/songs on the Lost EP played by my then-co-producer, Sterling Smalley, with whom I'd been performing and recording since our first full-length studio release in 1996 under the name Siva, when I was 15 and he was 17. We recorded most of Failsafe-B's music in his home studio, except ~99% of the hip-hop's music/beats which I recorded on a Zoom digital 4-track (writing the music and playing all instruments, using no samples / samplers other than a drum machine to make the beats) at my place. I then brought the Zoom to Sterling's place where we transferred the music onto his computer, then record the vocals. I wrote and sang/rapped all the lyrics, with the exception of a couple hip-hop tracks, on which my friend and hip-hop partner, Nate Hughes, also got busy. Here are only some of the things we did, because a lot of the material remains unfinished or lost (to me, at least). Thank you for listening...